Our little Cooper Fox is now 8 weeks old. He has put on 2kgs from his already heavy birth weight, so it is no wonder that I feel like I am in a constant state of starvation! This means our lunches are a lot more substantial from our usual ‘bits and bobs’ we throw together. Today we enjoyed a simple classic of kumara buffalo chips (had I known they were delicious enough to blog, I would have cut them much neater and called them wedges!), with leftover veggies from our roast last night and a green smoothie.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did x
Gluten, dairy, refined sugar, soy and egg free, paleo option and vegan (unless you top with bacon, hehe)
2 medium kumara, cut into wedges or chunks
1/4 cup organic brown rice flour (optional – omit if making paleo)
2 tbs smoked paprika
1 tsp each of ground cumin, ground coriander and salt
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 tsp salt
Juice of 1 medium lemon
1. Cover cashews in boiling water and set aside to soak. If you have time to soak them in cold water for 3 hours with a good pinch of salt, this will activate the nuts. If not, boiling water for 20 minutes or so will do the trick!
2. Par-boil kumara until softish when tested with a fork. Set aside and allow to cool while making the spice mix up. This step is optional however it does make the chips have a better crunch.
3. Mix flour (if using) and spices in a plastic bag, coat kumara in olive oil then shake kumara in the bag until coated with the spice mix.
4. Bake for around 20 minutes until golden and crunchy.
5. While kumara is cooking, whizz sour cream ingredients in a mini food processor until smooth.
5. Serve together with nitrate free bacon, because life is better with a little bacon 😉
x Aunty Bee